Friday, February 21, 2014

Liebster Award!

I'm very excited that I was just nominated for my first EVER blog award. The incredibly sweet Alexis over at Alexis Krystina - Creatively Inspired Living nominated me and I am just thrilled! Thank you so much, Alexis! 

Liebster-Blog-Award 

The Liebster Award is given to blogs that have less than 1,000 followers to help promote and support them. It's also  a really fun way to get to know some of my favorite bloggers better!

Rules:

~Thank the person who has nominated you and link back to their blog (by posting a link on yours).
~Copy and display the award in your blog post (save the pink image above and upload it to your own post).
~Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which are given to you by the person who nominated you.
~Write 11 random facts about yourself.
~Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/bloggers that you feel deserve the award. They need to have less than 1000 followers.
~Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated and write them in your post.
~Inform the selected bloggers that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and link back to your own post so that they can learn about it (if they don’t already about it) and so that they know what questions to answer.

Answers to Questions I was given:

  1. Were you named after anyone? Nope! My dad just really likes the name Julie.
  2. Do you like your handwriting? My handwriting is a mix of print and cursive and is kind of sloppy. I wish it was prettier. But I learned that it looks very similar to my mom's so that's kinda neat.
  3. What’s your favorite color? Green
  4. What ONE ITEM would you bring with you on a deserted island? My Pillow. I seriously love that thing.
  5. Leonardo DiCaprio or Johnny Depp? Well, I guess Leonardo but I can't help have the image of him in Growing Pains...but Johnny does nothing for me. Can we add Ryan Gosling to this question?! :)
  6. Describe your current outfit. Sweat pants and a long-sleeved tee. Since that is rather pathetic I will add what I wore to work today: blue sweater, gray pants and a multicolored scarf...okay, that actually doesn't sound that much better!
  7. What’s your favorite 80s song? I am a child of the 80s and I should be able to easily answer this question. I know this is going to earn me some frowns but I just don't listen to 80s music and can't think of one song to even answer this question.
  8. Pop or country music? Pop but of the singer/song writer variety...
  9. Text or phone call? Mostly texting although I still do enjoy a good, long phone chat. I just don't have as much time for those these days.
  10. Name your all time favorite movie. The Notebook. Hence response to #5!
  11. If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Ice cream.
11 Random Facts About Me:

1. My wedding colors were dark purple and peach.
2. I can't whistle.
3. Before I had kids, I loved to rock climb. I guess I still like to do that but I haven't done it since my first pregnancy.
4. My favorite flower is a tulip and I simply cannot wait to see them in my garden again!
5. I'm addicted to coffee.
6. Whenever I hear the Chicken Dance I think of my beloved Grandma. 
7. I played 3 different musical instruments when I was a child. I was terrible at all of them.
8. I have an incredibly strong sense of smell (even when I'm not pregnant).
9. I love taking pictures of abandoned houses and ghost towns.
10. I loved college. Pretty much everything about it other than the cost.
11. I was proposed to on the top of a mountain...I said yes!


My  Nominees: 

Jennifer at Mommyhoddom
Bethany at Before, During, and After
Becky at My Sweet Moose
Krissy at Moving Mommy 
Kristen at Mommy in Sports
 
 
My Questions to My Award Winners:

1. What is your favorite dessert?
2. How old were you when you had your (first) child?
3. Do you prefer winter or summer more?
4. Would you rather play with fingerpaint or Play-Doh with your child?
5. If you were given 4 guilt-free hours to do whatever you wanted to do, what would you choose? (and, yes, I know it's never really guilt-free)
6.What is your favorite holiday?
7. Coffee or tea?
8. Are you a night owl or a morning person?

9. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
10. Do you prefer to read electronic books and magazines or do you want to hold the "real thing" in your hands?
11. What is one place you would really love to visit but are doubtful you will ever have the opportunity to do so?     

Thanks again, Alexis!



Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr


If you enjoyed this post be sure to Connect with Me so you don't miss the next post!
 photo google_zps8428f2e2.png photo bloglovin_zps732c9903.png photo pinterest_zps38a29db3.png
You can also subscribe by e-mail from my main page and have posts 
delivered directly to your inbox!