Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Liebester Award x3!!!


This is pretty crazy but I have been nominated for FOUR Liebster awards now. For those who don't know, the Liebster Award is basically just a small time blogger shout-out. I was so surprised when I received the first nomination. And since that first one, I have been nominated by three more lovely bloggers. Unfortunately, I am just now getting around to all that answering and nominating for the 3 most recent nominations.

I have seen other bloggers who have been nominated for more than 1 combine them into one post so I am going to jump on that band wagon. Otherwise, I would have to write 33 questions and nominate up to 33 bloggers...and there are only 24 hours in a day. 

For each nomination I have received the rules are slightly different. I will pick the rules I like the best!
 

Here are the rules:
  • Thank and link back to the blogger that nominated you
  • Answer their 11 questions in your post
  • Pick 5 - 11 blogs with less than 200 followers on Bloglovin' to nominate -or- blogs with less than 1000 followers.
  • Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer
  • Tag your nominees and comment on one of their posts to let them know! 
  



My first nomination comes from Tameka. You can find her at Pastries, Pumps and Pi where she blogs about all things food, fashion and math! Thanks so much, Tameka!

Tameka's Questions :

1. What is your favorite blog to read? Working Moms Against Guilt
2. What do you like most about blogging? It's a fun way to use my creative side of my brain for writing and I actually do like learning HTML because I love the challenge and learning new things and I enjoy sharing my mama passions (natural child labor/birth choices and breastfeeding) and finding other moms who have those passions too.
3. Which social media platform do you use the most? I use Bloglovin' the most to read my favorite blogs. Probably Twitter to share mine and other great posts that I have found (but I am brand NEW on Twitter so I'm still getting the hang of it).
4. What is your best childhood memory? This was a hard one to narrow down but I had a lot of fun going down childhood memory lane to think of this one. I think one of my favorite memories is all our holiday traditions; things like baking Christmas cookies, dying eggs and carving pumpkins.
5. What do you look for first when it comes to fashion? I am still trying to get use to my post-baby (x2) body so finding something that fits is the first thing.
6.  What item can you not live without each day? My coffee mug.
7. What is your favorite movie? The Notebook
8. Would you rather lose your sight or your hearing? My hearing. I can't imagine not seeing my kids' faces, or sunsets, or mountains or all the other amazing wonders of the world.
9.  What is your favorite TV show? Tie between Modern Family and Parenthood.
10. What blogging goal is tops for you this year?  Blogging for me is a hobby so I guess the only goal would be to continue to enjoy it. Added bonus would be that if I can help another mama looking for information on birthing choices, breastfeeding or to share in the joy/challenges of motherhood.


My second nomination comes from Kay. You can find her at Wisdom Grace and Chickens where she blogs about parenting and family life. Thanks so much, Kay!

Kay's Questions:

1. What made you decide to blog? My biggest motivators are that I love to write and I want to discuss the limited options/choices in maternal health care and provided breastfeeding stories and info. Also, I cannot describe in words how much I love being a mother but am also shocked by how challenging it is. I did not feel I was prepared for this when I became a mom so it's nice to share both the challenges and joys of motherhood so moms feel less alone on this road. I wrote all about it in my blog motivation post. 
2. Are you an early morning blogger, late night, or somewhere in between? Well, it's after midnight right now...so that answers that question! Since I work full time and then the evenings are packed with family stuff, I basically have no time for blogging until after I put the kids to bed. Every now and again I may have some time on my off (work) days during naps or in the mornings while the rest of the house is sleeping.

3. Early to rise, late to bed, or both? Both, mostly. I have to get up around 5:30 on work days and my toddler doesn't let me sleep past about 6:30 most off days. I stay up way later than I should for my only "down" time although I am working to try to improve that.
4. Coffee or tea? I enjoy both quite a bit but I cannot function without my coffee. Tea is more for pleasure where coffee is a necessity.
5. Chocolate or ice cream? Just finished a delightful bowl of butter pecan but I would say both of these are critical to my happiness.
6. What was your best vacation ever? Maui. Seriously, one of the best places on Earth!! It was also mine any my husband's last big vacation together before we became parents.
7. ...and your dream vacation? Europe, most specifically, Venice. I also really want to go to Tahiti. And Australia. And Alaska. And back to Hawaii. Anywhere that has a beach is nice.
8. Three things your kid(s) would say about you...The other day my 3 year old told me I take good care of her and ironically gave me 3 reasons. They were that I teach her, take her on walks and wipe her booty.
9. When's the last time you laughed...I mean really, REALLY laughed? I share an officer with 1 other person. We have at least one really good laugh together every week.
10.On that same note, when's the last time you broke out the crazy (& I mean FUN crazy, not the monster kind!) with your kids? A couple weeks ago we got a much needed good weather day. My daughter asked me to do a ballerina dance with her in the yard. So I did...all kinds of leaps and twirls and wacky looking things because we were all outside and happy and she wanted to be ballerinas.
11. If you could, would you have more kids or keep the numbers right where they are, thank you very much?! The moment my second child was born I felt a complete sense of fulfillment that I had just met my entire family. Although I think a part of me would always like to keep having babies, I know in my heart that we are a family of 4.


My third nomination comes from Maurissa. You can find her at Maurissa Sees Beauty.Thanks so much, Maurissa!

Maurissa's Questions:

1. Why did you start blogging? I once read a sign that said 'I think therefore I blog.' That pretty much sums it up for me. You can see more in question #1 above.
2. Favorite beauty product? Brow gel
3. Who was the last person you said I love you too? My husband - on the way out the door for work in the morning
4. Dogs or cats? cats
5. What is the color you wear most often? I think blue.
6. The last book you read. Was it any good? The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick. This book was way outside my normal genre but it was VERY good and I would definitely recommend it. Quick read, too.
7. Tastiest vegetable? squash
8. What is the TV show you watch most often? Modern Family
9. Favorite summer activity? Oh, I LOVE summer SO much - it's hard to pick only one. I'll say reading a book poolside, or better yet, at the beach.
10. The name of your first pet? I had pets when I was a child but I never considered them "mine." So my first pets are from my adulthood and are my cats that I adopted at the same time. Their names are Rocky and Archie.
11. What inspires you? my children

 My Nominations:

Julia at The Everyday Momma
Olivia at Me and Baby E
Celeste at Leapfrog and Lipgloss
Diana at Cookie Crumbles
One Mommy at There's Just One Mommy
Nancy at My Little Criatura

The first time I was nominated I was meticulous about making sure my nominations fit the criteria for follower limits. That took a lot of time, so this time I chose some of my favorite bloggers that I still believe fit into the "small blogger" criteria. If not, I guess we can say I didn't follow the rules very well!


My Questions to my Nominees:

1. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
2. Last movie you saw in the theater?
3. Your least favorite household chore.
4. Favorite Olympic sport?
5. Prefer water skiing or snow skiing?
6. Which is better - an indoor or outdoor fire?
7. What is your favorite blog post YOU have ever written?
8. Favorite holiday?
9. What is your favorite children's book?
10. What makes a perfect date night? 
11. Favorite outside of the home activity to do with your kid(s)?  


Thanks again to Tameka, Kay and Maurissa!