Monday, November 17, 2014

Favorite Children's Books: Most Obscure

This new series on the blog is a fun way to share some of the favorite stories we read to the girls.This time, I'm sharing some of our favorites that are most likely not on the regular list of  children's books!

 

First on the list is the Life of John Lennon. I have loved the Beatles for as long as I can remember and it's interesting to read about John Lennon in the children's book version. (Yes, there are lots of details omitted). I'm truly an awful singer but I try to sing the song lyrics that are within the book. My inability to hold a tune won't help my kids appreciate music, but I'm hopeful reading about one of the greatest artists will!


I LOVE this book! It's most definitely my favorite of the most obscure. Since I'm a child of the '80s, and grew up with Weird Al's parodies, it's funny to think of him as a children's author. However, this book really hits home for many adults because I think so many of us remain unsure of what we want to do when we grow up! I also love that it gets the kids thinking about their future profession. And best of all, it makes us giggle!




Weird Al's second attempt was not quite as good as his first, but honestly, Billy is such a lovable kid that it makes me love this book. And it, too, has a wonderful lesson behind i.




Marcel the Shell is most definitely not one of my favorites. However, this book makes both my husband and kids laugh like crazy. And, really, there's nothing better than a good laugh! So, for that reason, it makes it one of my favorites!




 



What are your favorite most obscure or LEAST common children's books? My family is always looking for more books to enjoy, so please share! 

 
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr



If you enjoyed this post be sure to Connect with Me so you don't miss the next post!
 photo google_zps8428f2e2.png photo bloglovin_zps732c9903.png photo pinterest_zps38a29db3.png photo twitter2_zpsc472d9f3.png

 You can also subscribe by e-mail from the main page and have posts 
delivered directly to your inbox!