Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Our Favorite Children's Books: Winter Time


The snow is falling all around the country and schools are being closed for plummeting temperatures. We are certainly in the middle or winter! And on these super cold days, I love to snuggle under a blanket with my girls and read a few of our favorite winter stories.



My oldest daughter has had a love for owls from a very young age, so a story about going out "owling" in the ice cold is a perfect story for my family.



I absolutely love this story. All of the pictures in the book are photographs and the author creates an imaginative story with the beautiful images he captures. It is such a unique book and reminds me of the many wonders of childhood.



This one is just a simple lift the flap board book, but my baby girl just loves to read about the snow in this book!


A great learning book that discusses the unique qualities of snow flakes and the differences between snow and other forms of precipitation. 




You just have to love Clifford the Big Red Dog. This one is a story of Clifford and his doggy friends and a lesson of not missing out on the fun we can have just because we are afraid of something new.



This book is one of my all time favorite children's books. My oldest daughter has also always had a love for penguins. This book is an adorable rhyming story about of all of the things penguins can do. There's also some great info at the end about all different kinds of penguins for added learning.


I hope you stay safe and warm this winter while snuggling and reading with your little ones! What are some of your favorite winter books to read to your children this time of year? 

Also - if you happen to have any snow coming your way, be sure to check out my snow ice cream recipe!





If you enjoyed this post be sure to Connect with Me so you don't miss the next post!
 photo google_zps8428f2e2.png photo bloglovin_zps732c9903.png photo pinterest_zps38a29db3.png photo twitter2_zpsc472d9f3.png

 You can also subscribe by e-mail from the main page and have posts 
delivered directly to your inbox!