Sunday, June 19, 2016

Year Three: Daddy's Favorites and Bests {According to his 3 and 5 Year Old}

Daddy's Favorites and Bests {Year Three}

     According to his 3 and 5 year old

For the third year running I asked our girls a few questions to see what they believe are their dad's favorite things and some of the things he does best to celebrate Father's Day. Asking our children a few questions to learn their thoughts and opinions about their dad on these topics is a super fun for Dad on Father's Day. Well, at least I hope he thinks so! The first year we did this our oldest was 3 (youngest was too young to participate). This is what Autumn told me the first year: Daddy's Favorites and Best {according to his 3 year old}. Last year, both girls participated and this is what they said: Daddy's Favorites and Bests {According to his 2 and 4 Year Old}.

It was fun to see the differences in responses from this year to last. Our oldest  daughter {Autumn's} responses in the purplish pink color and our youngest {Amelia's} responses are in blue.


How old is Daddy? 

35 (this is, indeed, correct!)
10

Favorite color: 

Orange
Purple


Favorite food:

Spicy food
Pasta (I'm thinking this might just be her favorite food)


Favorite drink
  
Beer!
Beer!


Favorite song: 

Homer Simpson song
The Peanut Butter and Jelly Song

Chore he's best at:

Washing dishes
I don't know

Best thing he makes:

Hummus

Peanut Butter and Jelly and "the dip" (the dip he makes for her is the mayo and sriracha dip)

Best thing he does for you:

Snuggles us 
Plays with me

His favorite thing to do:

Spending time with us
Watching baseball with me and playing baseball with me

I also want to share some of the things that I think are the best things that Daddy does with his daughters that are so very special.

Teaching them how to cook some of their favorite foods such as pancakes and ice cream and much more.

Also allows them to help with food prep by helping them practice their skills using knives by cutting strawberries and  mushrooms.

Fixes everything: from the seat on their bike, to putting their Barbie dolls heads back on or repairing the door that falls off of the fairy doll house all of the time.

Teaches them how to play baseball.

Introduces them to foods that are way outside the "kid friendly" comfort zone and expands their food taste way beyond anything we ever experienced as children. 


I know there are many more things than this. These are just a few of the things that bring a smile to my face as I write thinking how lucky my daughters are to have their Daddy. 


Happy Father's Day!!!